Are Your Trade Secrets at Risk?
We all know information is the business asset of the 21st century. In a global economy where collaboration and innovation rule, we have to share it—not just with employees but also with partners, vendors, customers, and consultants. Yet you can’t help but worry: What if my trade secrets fall into the wrong hands? What if a hacker gets access to my data and compromises a project? In fact, what if an employee steals the intellectual property I’ve worked so long and so hard to develop?
Questions like these reveal one of the biggest dilemmas of our time. Yet you can protect and exploit your competitive advantage, maintain productive relationships, and avoid lawsuits. You can strike the balance between sharing enough information to keep the fires of creativity burning and still guarding your most vital secrets. You can keep those secrets secret—even in an age when data theft is easy, cheap, and hard to detect.
Speaker and trade secrets expert James Pooley has written a book that will guide you through these murky legal waters. You’ll discover how to:
- Identify and reduce your risk of information loss
- Deal with employees leaving to join or start a competitor
- Manage your data on the Internet and in the Cloud
- Handle the security risks of social media
- Avoid liability for having someone else’s secrets
- Build an information protection program with best practices
- Respond when you find a breach of confidentiality
Secrets is a “must-have” resource for executives and managers, knowledge workers, consultants, security professionals, entrepreneurs, investors, lawyers, and accountants. If you work with information, you’ll want to reference this book any time you have questions on what to share and what to keep under your hat.